No products in the cart.
When the Coconut Matter team ventured to Australia in order to meet the founder of our signature Direct Micro Expelling processing, we were blessed with the insight, knowledge and company of Dr. Dan Etherington. Not only did Dr. Dan inspire us with passion for Coconut Oil and the Solomon Islands community, but one morning, we were even treated to his homemade Coconut Porridge. That cold day in Canberra in Dr. Dan’s warm kitchen was a memory that we will keep with us forever.
In light of this fond memory, we’re so pleased to invite Angie Li, a creative home cook and (in our opinion) queen of all beautiful breakfasts to contribute her recipe for Coconut Porridge. With the tail end of the year and colder months fast approaching, this is the perfect way to begin your day with some truly wholesome goodness.
Coconut Blueberry – Dessert for breakfast. Why not?
Some of my regular followers may already have noticed that coconut porridge has become one of my breakfast obsession these days, as it taste so good and fuel me up for the morning work! Having a warm bowl of porridge topped with my favorite vibrant fruits means a lot to me, especially in the morning. After all, isn’t it the best way to start your day with a beautiful, nutritious and delectable breakfast? Hence, I’m starting to explore more and more different flavors of the coconut porridge. Apart from the matcha, mocha, mango baobab flavors that are already on the blog and are some of my favorites, I also developed a NEW purple coconut porridge which not only tastes exactly the same as a piece of berry coconut cake, but it makes me so happy just by looking at it. Do you feel the same way as I do?
3 Tbsp organic coconut flour
2 Tbsp organic shredded coconuts
1 package Blueberries (125g)
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup water
1 small green apple (or 1/2 large one)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1 heaped tsp baobab powder
1 tsp cranberry powder (optional but highly recommend!)
- Shred the zucchini and cut the green apple into chunks
- Add almond milk, organic coconut flour and organic shredded coconut in a pot at medium heat. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Add 1/4 of water to the mixture if it is too dry. Mix well and bring to another boil. (water will be released from the zucchini once you added them to the pot, so don’t worry too much when you see the mixture being a bit on dry side)
- Turn to low heat and add the green apple chunks and shredded zucchini to the pot.
- Mix the ingredients well in the pot and allow it to simmer in the pot for around 3 minutes. Keep stirring from time to time to prevent the bottom from burning.
- Add the blueberries to the porridge mixture, keep simmering the porridge until it turns into an appealing and lovely PURPLE color
- Turn the heat off, add cinnamon powder, vanilla powder, cranberry powder and baobab powder to the pot and mix everything well.
Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy! Congratulations on treating yourself an awesome and super nutritious breakfast, your body will definitely thank you on this. Here I used some cherries, apricots, figs and plums, with a sprinkle of some sea buckthorn powder, raw cacao nibs and bee pollen.
Angie is a plant based runner based in Hong Kong with a keen eye for colour and wonderful creativity in the kitchen. This self proclaimed smoothie queen has the ability to make vegan food enticing and breakfast an unmissable affair. Follow along with with her healthy eats on her blog, http://vangietarian.blogspot.hk/
If you make your own Coconut Blueberry Porridge with this recipe, do let us know by tagging us with @coconutmatter and #coconutmatter. We love partnering with like-minded folk who not only share a similar ethos, but also share our passion for using organic Virgin Coconut Oil in everyday life. If you would like to contribute to Coconut Matter, we would love to hear from you – please email us and together, let’s help everyone build a lifestyle that truly matters!